The ultimate vanilla hack is finally here…
Many of you have asked for it and I’m so happy to announce that 100% Pure Ground Vanilla Powder is now available.
Ground Vanilla powder is exactly what it sounds like.
Real Madagascar vanilla beans ground into fine powder so you can use just the right amount you need in your baking recipes but also as a natural sweetener.
Here are my favourite ways to use vanilla powder.
- Sprinkle on dry baked goods such as chocolate chip cookies or biscuits
- Add in pastry mix for any baked goods, custard or any pastries as a replacement for vanilla beans or extract (use 1/2 a teaspoon of powder for 1 vanilla bean)
- Mix with sugar to coat churros, doughnuts or any other fried items
- In a fruit tart like an apple tart (tip: sprinkle the sliced apples with vanilla powder and let it soak for 2 hours or overnight before you bake it)
- In a fruit salad
- Infuse vanilla powder in milk
- For the DIY’ers, vanilla powder is great to make your own natural hand soap
- And my personal favourite: Mix vanilla powder into your morning ground coffee. Thank me later 🙂
Vanilla powder needs heat for the aroma to develop so it is a great alternative to vanilla extract which typically contains alcohol as a solvent and is liquid.
High heat evaporates the alcohol (and some of the flavour with it).
Vanilla powder can hold its own flavour under the high heat of the oven without adding any additional liquid to a recipe that may throw off you carefully balanced ratio.
Ground Vanilla powder comes in a glass jar for best conservation and contains an extra 2 vanilla pods in it for extra goodness. You’re welcome!
Keep the jar in a dry and cool place away from direct sunlight such as a pantry cabinet and you can keep it up to 2 years.
You can get it from our shop: https://www.madanilla.com/shop